Registration to this forum is free! We do insist that you abide by the rules and policies detailed
below. If you agree to the terms, please check the 'I agree' checkbox and press the 'Complete Registration' button below.
If you would like to cancel the registration, click here
to return to the forums index.
SUBMISSIONS TO THE MLA Bulletin Board
Proper contributions to the The MLA Bulletin Board are welcomed by registered users. You agree not use the Site or the Bulletin Board in any way to:
1. post, email, transmit or otherwise make available Content that you know to be false or that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, tortious, defamatory, obscene, invasive of another's privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable;
2. post, email, transmit or otherwise make available Content that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights of another;
3. post, email, transmit or otherwise make available Content which you have no right to make available under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships (including but not limited to inside information and proprietary or confidential information disclosed in employment relationships or under nondisclosure agreements);
4. post, email, transmit or otherwise make available unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, "junk mail," "spam," "chain letters," “stock touts,” “pyramid schemes,” or any other form of solicitation;
5. post, email, transmit or otherwise make available Content that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment;
6. impersonate any person or entity or misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity, or disguise the origin of any Content transmitted through the Site;
7. "stalk" or otherwise harass or harm another in any way;
8. collect or store personal data about other users of the Site;
9. violate local, state, national or international law, including but not limited to administrative regulations and any other regulations having the force of law;
10. engage in any behavior that interferes with the operation of the Site or the enjoyment of the Site by other users.
By posting any Content on the Site, you grant (or warrant that the owner of such rights has expressly granted) to Management the perpetual, non-exclusive, world-wide, sublicensable, royalty-free and fully paid license to use any or all of the Content you post, in its original or edited form, in radio programs, television programs, books, articles, commentaries, or in any other medium now known or later developed. You also warrant that you own or otherwise control all of the rights to the content you have posted and that the public posting and use of such content by us will not infringe the rights of any third party. You further warrant that any “moral rights” in posted materials have been waived. You acknowledge that you are not entitled to any compensation for any Content you may post on the Site or Management’s use thereof pursuant to the license set forth above.
The Management is not responsible for material appearing in any area of the Site, except for material signed by one of its identified representatives. The Management is not responsible for screening material posted by users for libel, obscenity, invasion of privacy, copyright or trademark infringement, accuracy, or for any other reason. However, the Management retains the right to modify or remove messages or other material that it, in its sole discretion, consider infringing, offensive, abusive, defamatory, obscene, stale, or otherwise unacceptable. It also reserves the right to edit materials for any other reason. Whether or not it modifies or removes such material, users remain solely responsible for the content of their messages or postings.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
USE OF THIS WEBSITE IS PROVIDED “AS IS, WHERE IS,” AS AN ACCOMMODATION, AND WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, NOR DOES MANAGEMENT PROVIDE ANY WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND IN RESPECT OF ANY CONTENT, GOODS AND SERVICES PURCHASED BY OR PROVIDED TO USERS OF THE SITE (UNLESS OTHERWISE EXPRESSLY STATED IN WRITING IN THE RELEVANT TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF SALE). THE MANAGEMENT EXPRESSLY EXCLUDES ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTY OF TITLE, MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT IN RESPECT OF THE SITE OR ANY LINKS TO THE SITE. IT IS AGREED THAT MANAGEMENT AND ITS EMPLOYEES, AGENTS AND AFFILIATES WILL NOT BE LIABLE UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES FOR SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES RESULTING FROM THE CONTENT ON THE SITE, OR ANY PRODUCTS OR SERVICES PROVIDED PURSUANT TO THE SITE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. (THE ABOVE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU IF APPLICABLE LAW PROHIBITS THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY OR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES). IN NO EVENT SHALL THE TOTAL LIABILITY TO YOU BY MANAGEMENT AND ITS EMPLOYEES, AGENTS AND AFFILIATES FOR ALL DAMAGES (WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT, OR OTHERWISE) EXCEED THE AMOUNT PAID BY YOU TO US, IF ANY, FOR ACCESSING THE SITE AND ITS CONTENT.
LAWS AND REGULATIONS
Your use of this Website is governed by all applicable laws and regulations of the United States and any state and locality having jurisdiction. Content may be subject to U.S. export and re-export control restrictions. Your use of this Website may be subject to the laws of other countries if you are not located in the United States.
If any of the provisions of these TOU are held to be invalid or unenforceable for any reason, such invalidity or unenforceability shall not affect the validity or enforceability of the other provisions of these TOU. This is the entire agreement relating to the TOU. This agreement may be modified only by the posting by Management of changes to these TOU conditions, or by a writing signed by both parties.